New Mexico Open Primaries updated 2016-2017 MISSION and Goal statement
To ensure that every voter has equal protection and opportunity under the law to vote in every election.
1) Adopt Open Primaries where all voters can vote in all elections without joining a political party;
2) Create competitive elections all the time through the adoption of independent re-districting commissions as well as fair and equal ballot access requirements for all candidates;
3) Instigate court challenges to force the legislature to end closed primaries and discriminatory ballot access practices
4) Execute a state-wide education campaign highlighting the advantages of non-partisan, inclusive politics that rewards coalition-building and problem-solving
5) Increase voter engagement and confidence in our government by educating voters how these reforms improve legislative performance.